Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"Normal" life

Well hello again,

I have started work (this is my third day with SAEP) and I am slightly disappointed to report that so far I haven't gotten out of the office! I was promised a trip into the schools this afternoon, but I haven't heard much today so that might be a wash. The office is boring, unfortunately, because there really isn't much for me to be working on here. Actually, everyone else seems quite busy, but they haven't gotten used to me yet, and so I personally don't have too much to do. A blessing? No... I love sitting around at home, but sitting around in an office when you don't even have any personal space is just boring. My coworkers are really nice, though, and I have high hopes that they will become good friends.

I also moved into my "permanent" lodging yesterday. I am staying in a shared house for medium-term residents. It's pretty inexpensive, and so far my housemates have been really wonderful. I haven't had much of a chance to move in and get settled yet, but I hope that I will get to do that more tonight.

I still haven't uploaded any photos, and I apologize for that! I have only taken a few (it's not particularly smart to carry a camera openly around here... makes you a pretty nice target for theft) but I promise to get them up soon. My landlady has a computer that we're allowed to use at her office, so I will try to do that after I get settled.

Other than that, I am just living life in the "same old" routine. Except that I haven't been here long enough to have one! I really hope that things get a little more active around here soon. If they don't, I might consider moving on earlier than I had planned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SARAH PARKER!

Glad to see you made it and are settling in to life in the SoAfa (pronounced "sofa"). I just finished looking at itineraries of trips for next summer when Chris and i can come visit you, Jaime, and Megan. So you'll have to let me know where you'll be around then. Right now, the one i'm looking at is 36 days and travels through South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, and Tanzania. We'll try to get in earlier than that so i can hop over to Lesotho to see Megan.

O! I'm so excited for you. Just keep posting. I'll be leaving August 28th and plan on using my KatieinOz blog again.

good luck!
k

Randy Brush said...

The Gaborone music camp sounds pretty awesome reading about it online, I hope you get a chance to go. You never anwered my earlier question about street musicians?

Randy (from percussion ensemble)